Want to start a blog. Need advice

Want to start a blog. Need advice

After thinking an awful lot I made a decision to start my own blog.

I got a name for the blog, the niche, what sections to make, what videos to make etc. Basically i have a written down plan. So the easy part's done.

Now's the hard part. As I am a total newbie, i want your opinion on some things.

1. What is the best platform to place the blog at? I want to mention that I know nothing about building a website, so it needs to be with some sort of site-building tools. I looked at wix and blogspot so far but haven't make any decision yet. Also, I need a secure platform so I won't have to think about them hackers. And I should be able to make a sign-up form for emailing stuff to the interested audience.
Also the big question is how to export all the stuff on a stand-alone website when I'm ready to move. So before giving me any piece of advice please consider it.

2. How many articles/videos should it be before I start some advertising?

3. What are the best social media to use to, you know, spread the word?

4. What instruments of attracting the audience should I use in the first six or twelve months? please note that I have no illusions about monetizing this blog, I know that it's going to be a hard work for at least a year before I'll be able to make any money out of it. I am ready for it.

5. What's the best way to protect the content from getting it ripped off? I don't want to spend tens of hours to write something just to get it taken away by anybody.

6. Let's say I run my blog for 6 months using social media to support it, what is an average audience number I should attract per month? What number is really good and what number is awful?

That's it for now but I'm sure that I'll ask a lot more after figuring out the basics.

P.S. I am deliberately not asking any SEO advice for now but if you got any useful info you want to share with me please don't hesitate.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More